Custom Search

X7 Bullet

“Remember the neighborhood watch is the neighborhood snitch ride carefully”

Friday, September 12, 2008

Neon light on your Mini Rocket

How to add a neon light to your pocket rocket. Below I describe the install I did on the x7 models 2 stroke. Now if you have a bike with out headlights and battery just ask and I will give you the procedure for that also.

Parts needed

1. Neon light (I have seen 3 sizes at Auto Zone 9", 15" and 4") chose the one that suites you.

2. Screw drivers philps, flat head, set of alan wrenches, needle nose pliers, sharp blade, voltmeter and wire cutters.

3. Electrical tape, zip ties and double stick tape.

Procedure:
Chose a location to install the light on the bike. Most people do it over the Engine area.

1. Remove the gas tank cover using the appropriate tool.

2. Remove the seat by sliding it out after you remove the screws holding it down.

3. Remove the gas tank do not remove the gas lines unless you know what you are doing.

4. You will now see the frame of the bike. Zip tie or use double stick tape to attach the light where you think it will look the best. Do not put it on the exhaust pipe on near objects which get hot.

5. Now given your bike has headlights pick any head light and using the blade shave off the insulation on the positive wire (determine this using the voltmeter), in the case of the X7 it is the one which goes into the center of the headlight assembly as for the ground is the one which is ties down to the assembly of the bike. Anyways now take the positive wire of the neon light and wrap it around the wire you just shaved. Next wrap a piece of tape around the wrapped wire to insulate it.

6. Take the negative of the neon light and tie it down to any grounding location on the bike.

7. Take the zip ties and ties up the loose wires so they won't get caught up in any moving parts or touch hot ones.

Testing
Turn the key on your bike to the on position and turn on the head lights when you do so your neon light should also turn on.

"Remember the neighborhood watch is your neighborhood snitch, ride carefully".

http://www.pocketrocketmania.com/

9 comments:

Unknown said...

i have a pocket bike without a battery and head ights how do i put under glow on my bike?

please respond to my email;
cuban50cent94@gmail.com

Unknown said...

i have a pocket rocket and i also have no battery for it and no headlights can u help me.
please respond,
Email me at: Zack.Stilwell@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

i have a pocket bike without a battery and head ights how do i put under glow on my bike?

please respond to my email;
jakcooloo516@aim.com

Jizzul said...

Hey can you help me get headlights and under glow on my bike? (it didn't come with headlights its a Kikker Havoc)
please respond,
jizzul94@yahoo.com

josh said...

i have a pocket rocket with no battery and lights can you help me my email is xrandom12x@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I have a pocket rocket with no battery out headlight could u help me please?

Mbutts734@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I have no battery or lights on mine. How do i put lights/headlights on mine?

Unknown said...

Odyschmody@gmail.com is where u can get ahold of me to do so! Thanks

Unknown said...

Hey I have the blade 49R no battery how do I install neon lights I found the positive but when I place the negitive on any ground it cuts the engine off help me please I want my bike to stand out

Email me at @chunnman@gmail.com

 

blogarama.com

Globe of Blogs

Blog search directory

My Zimbio
Top Stories

Bloggapedia, Blog Directory - Find It!

Superblog Directory